Eligible organisations and any training attendees MUST be registered with Keystone Tasmania to apply for funding. REGISTER NOW
MSMWHS212- Undertake First Response to Fire Incidents course allows individual employees in the workplace to identify, assess and control workplace emergency situations. Participants’ will be developing skills, knowledge and broad capabilities in responding to workplace emergencies such as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher; or a chemical spill that can be controlled using workplace personal protective clothing and equipment.
This requirement for employees to complete this training is consistent with the legislative obligations of employees as prescribed in WHS legislation. The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this competency may be applied by all employees across all industries.
It covers the first response (only) to fire, and does not include aggressive fire fighting. Typically this response would be undertaken to contain/extinguish a minor fire or to contain a more major fire while external help arrived.
- Identify fire emergency and raise alarm
- Initiate basic fire responses
- Notify responsible authorities
- Undertake safe evacuation
- Identify the elements required for fire to occur
- Identify the principle elements of extinguishing fire
- Identify the classes of fire Identify
- Different types of fire extinguishers and their application
- Operate fire extinguishers
- Know the safe work practices associated with using fire extinguishers
- Use of fire blankets.
Scheduled Course Dates
This course is offered 'on demand' or has variable costs and delivery features. Contact the Training Provider for further information and to enrol.
Need more information? Want to enrol?contact training provider
Disclaimer Training providers are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of content about training courses listed on the Keystone website. Keystone Tasmania publicises this information in good faith as a service to industry practitioners. All bookings must be made directly with the training provider BEFORE applying for Keystone funding.