Eligible organisations and any training attendees MUST be registered with Keystone Tasmania to apply for funding. REGISTER NOW
This course will explain the fundamentals of why its important for all managers and supervisors in a civil infrastructure workplace to be able to manage people of mixed gender, race and religion.
The content will include:
- An explanation of the law, and how it impacts you as a supervisor and your employer
- The different working relationships and whether this affects the legal obligations
- The actions of your staff, and what this means for you as a manager/ supervisor
- The added benefit diversity brings - some facts to dispel, and reinforce, myths
- How do you actually manage in a diverse workplace?
- Do you hold meetings differently?
- Some tips on things that can, and cannot, be said.
- Inducting new staff
- Work site control
- How to manage a complaint, incident, and accusation
- The role of your company policy and procedure
- Understanding your role as a manager and leader
The participant will gain a practical understanding of how to manage people in a diverse workplace, and what their obligations are for doing so.
Need more information? Want to enrol?contact training provider
Disclaimer Training providers are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of content about training courses listed on the Keystone website. Keystone Tasmania publicises this information in good faith as a service to industry practitioners. All bookings must be made directly with the training provider BEFORE applying for Keystone funding.