Eligible organisations and any training attendees MUST be registered with Keystone Tasmania to apply for funding. REGISTER NOW
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain breathing apparatus and equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere, as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, Use and Maintenance of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Applicable Australian Standards and Regulations
- Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
- Breathing apparatus training requirement
- The human respiratory system
- Types of breathing apparatus
- Communication procedures
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard control
- Breathing apparatus components
- Calculating working duration and emergency escape time
- Using breathing apparatus control tally boards
- Breathing apparatus safety and entrapment procedures
- Cleaning, maintenance, and testing procedures
Scheduled Course Dates
This course is offered 'on demand' or has variable costs and delivery features. Contact the Training Provider for further information and to enrol.
Need more information? Want to enrol?contact training provider
Disclaimer Training providers are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of content about training courses listed on the Keystone website. Keystone Tasmania publicises this information in good faith as a service to industry practitioners. All bookings must be made directly with the training provider BEFORE applying for Keystone funding.