Eligible organisations and any training attendees MUST be registered with Keystone Tasmania to apply for funding. REGISTER NOW
This unit of competency involves the skills and knowledge required to work within the command, control and coordination structure of an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO). An ECO’s priority is the safety of facility occupants and visitors during an emergency, which means ECO members are responsible for pre-emergency, emergency and post emergency actions. It includes undertaking pre-emergency planning, taking appropriate actions in an emergency and assisting with post emergency processes.
The course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and situations as stated in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations
- Assist occupants who may require assistance
- Assist with post emergency response activities
- Contribute to facility emergency planning
- Give clear directions to occupants and visitors
- Implement safe work practices
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Respond to emergency signals and warnings
- Take on a leadership role within emergency control organisation and/or a deputy role for other emergency control organisation positions
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Use communications systems
- Wear required emergency control organisation identification
Scheduled Course Dates
This course is offered 'on demand' or has variable costs and delivery features. Contact the Training Provider for further information and to enrol.
Need more information? Want to enrol?contact training provider
Disclaimer Training providers are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of content about training courses listed on the Keystone website. Keystone Tasmania publicises this information in good faith as a service to industry practitioners. All bookings must be made directly with the training provider BEFORE applying for Keystone funding.