Eligible organisations and any training attendees MUST be registered with Keystone Tasmania to apply for funding. REGISTER NOW
This two-day robust course provides hands-on experience together with a conceptual overview of ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro software. The course teaches basic ArcGIS Pro functionality and enables participants to quickly take advantage of the software’s powerful display and analysis capabilities.
You will learn how to
- Display and query all types of geographic data
- Symbolise and classify data to discover new insights into your data
- Analyse your data to discover important information
- Integrate data from a variety of sources
- Use coordinate systems, particularly the Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA)
- Create and edit your own geographic data
- Map features from GPS coordinates
- Work with a variety of databases
- Create maps
- Increase your skills and value to your organisation
- Instructor presentation of topics, concepts and techniques using slides and live demonstrations.
- Practice sessions; each student receives a workbook that guides them through realistic ArcGIS activities.
- Questions and discussions.
This ArcGIS Pro course is a stimulating and rewarding experience. There is a good mix of instructor presentation and practice sessions so that you can make the most of the two-day course. The atmosphere is informal and friendly providing the ideal learning environment.
Made in Australia
Many specialist software courses are designed for conditions in the USA. In Australia we often have a better way, so our course has been built for Australian conditions. Rest assured that we do still adhere to the usual ESRI training standards. The practice sessions have an appeal to a broad cross section of users from Botanists to Engineers.
Trainers with at least 10 years experience
Our trainers work with GIS every day and know how to apply the technology to a variety of situations. You can use us to bounce your ideas and help you better understand the software in your situation.
This course is for those with little or no desktop mapping or GIS experience; however, registrants should be familiar with Microsoft Windows.
Need more information? Want to enrol?contact training provider
Disclaimer Training providers are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of content about training courses listed on the Keystone website. Keystone Tasmania publicises this information in good faith as a service to industry practitioners. All bookings must be made directly with the training provider BEFORE applying for Keystone funding.